Light UAS operator certificate (LUC): this is a voluntary certification, after which the Irish Aviation Authority may allocate some privileges to the drone operator.
Drone operators may ask the Irish Aviation Authority to assess their organisation to evaluate whether they are capable of assessing the risk of an operation themselves.
The requirements to be demonstrated by drone operators are defined in Part C of Regulation (EU) 2019/947.
When the Irish Aviation Authority is satisfied, they will issue a light UAS operator certificate (LUC) and they will allocate privileges to the drone operators based on their level of maturity. The privileges may be one or more of the following:
- To conduct operations covered by standard scenarios without submitting a declaration;
- To self-authorise operations conducted by the drone operator and covered by a PDRA without applying for an authorisation.
- To self-authorise all operations conducted by the drone operator without applying for an authorisation.
This course is in addition to the Specific Category course. The Subject matter in the Specific Category course is the foundation of this course. The LUC is mainly focused on company safety polices and how to implement this in the Drone Operations. Its a very Detailed Course. Designed by Instructors that have flown Drones in very high risk environments, to include a number of different Unmanned and Manned Aircraft in the same Airspace. Safety and the management of the aircraft being the key feature for this type of Drone Operations.
- Company safety policy
- Safety Manager’s Role and Responsibility
- Safety Documents
- Safety Reporting & internal investigations
- Operational Control
- Compliance Monitoring
- Safety Risk Management
- Management of Change
- Interface between Organisations
- Use of Subcontractors and partners
- Management of Independent function for compliance monitoring.
- Writing of the LUC Operations Manual
The Course Prerequisites for this course. It is for commercial Operations. The UAS Operator must hold an Open Category Licence up to A2.
For more information, contact one of our experts at Survey Drones Ireland who will be more than willing to assist you in finding what suits your needs.
If you wish to book this course send us an email to email@example.com or fill in the contact page on this website.