Under the EASA Rules and Regulations if your drone weight less than 250grams but has the ability to capture person data then you must register as a UAS Operator.

here are some drones that weight less than the 250grams

DJI Mini 3 Pro (Best Premium Drone Under 250 Grams)
Autel Evo Nano Plus (Best Overall Drone Under 250 Grams)
DJI Mini 2 (Best Camera Drone Under 250 Grams)
DJI Mini SE (Best Budget Drone Under 250 Grams)
Holy Stone HS710 (Best Beginner Drone Under 250 Grams)

they all have a camera which gives them the ability to capture personal data which now means you will have to register yourself in the MySRS portal and complete the A1/A3 proof of online training.

Considering the risks to privacy and protection of personal data, operators of unmanned aircraft should be registered if they operate an unmanned aircraft which is equipped with a sensor able to capture personal data. However, this should not be the case when the unmanned aircraft is considered to be a toy within the meaning of Directive 2009/48/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the safety of toys.
Each EASA Member State will determine drone geographical zones, which are areas where drones may not fly (e.g. national parks, city centres or near airports) or may fly only under certain conditions, or where they need a flight authorisation. Therefore, it is important for you to consult your National Aviation Authority to check where you can and cannot fly your drone.

These geographical zones apply to all categories.

In addition, you are not allowed to fly a drone close to or inside an area where there is an ongoing emergency response.

See the links to National Aviation Authorities at:

Regulatory reference: Article 15 and UAS.OPEN.060 (4) of EU regulation 2019/947.
How do I know if can fly in a location?
All states are required to publish maps identifying geographical zones where all drone flights are forbidden or where you need to have a flight authorisation before starting the operation. In most of state, apps for mobile phones are available to easily identify where you can fly. Please check the website

Flight authorisations are different from the operational authorisation required for the specific category. A flight authorisation is applicable to all operations in ‘open’ or ‘specific’ category and is issued by the authority/entity identified in the maps by the state. For example a state may want to restrict the flights over a natural park or a riskier area such as industrial area or over a prison etc. The state may then publish a geographical zone requiring that all drone operations conducted in these zones must have a flight authorisation issued by the authority managing the area (e.g the park authority or the owner of the industry etc..).

Other types of geographical zones are those where one or more of the limitation of the open category are alleviated. For examples area where the state may authorise all drones to operate up to a height more than 120m or with drones heavier than 25kg or in BVLOS etc., without the need for an authorisation or a declaration. This may be very useful to fly model aircraft for example. Make sure you check the geographical zones before starting the operation and you always respect them.
Generally when you operate in the ‘open’ category, you are not allowed to fly over uninvolved people, unless you have a privately built drone with a weight below 250 g or a drone purchased on the market with a class identification label 0 or 1 mark. In any case, try to minimise the time during which you fly over people.

If you have a drone with a CE class 2 mark, under subcategory A2, as a general rule, keep the UA at a lateral distance from any uninvolved person that is not less than the height at which the drone is flying (this is the ‘1:1 rule’, i.e. if the UA is flying at a height of 40 m, the distance from any uninvolved person should be at least 40 m), and never fly closer than 30 metres horizontally from any uninvolved person. If your drone is equipped with a low-speed mode function and this is active, you can fly as close as 5 metres from uninvolved people.

Distance from uninvolved people in the case of flying with a class C2 drone

In all other cases (drones with class identification label3, 4, 5 or 6 marks or privately built and heavier than 250 g), you need to ensure that no uninvolved people are present within the range of the operation.

Regulatory reference: article 4 (1) (c) and UAS.OPEN.040 of EU regulation 2019/947.
I am sorry to say we do not offer the hire of a drone to Non Commercial Operators. You must be a Holder of an SOP & PCC. You must have on your Insurance policy the value of the Hire Drone while it is Airbourne.
You simply contact us on please state the type of drone you are looking to hire. The start date and end date.
You can pay on collection with a credit card, you can give us a call and you can also pay by Credit Card. your Credit Card details will not be kept. You can also pay by Bank Transfer, for this we would need your company details for our invoicing system.
In your email for requesting the hiring of a Drone you can request Specific Dates and if they are available we will book them in against your Name.
We do not ship the Drone to any location we request that you come into our store to pick it up.
If you have an incident with the Drone you just follow your Operations Manual Procedures for accidents and incidents. Once you have Notifited the IAA, your next phone call will be to us. We will then send out our Incident Proforma for you to fill in and to return to us within 48hrs. Your Insurance company should then explain what they want from you and once all the documentation is sorted. The drone will be returned and a damage assessment
They Payment of the Drone Hire can be paid via the phone or bank transfer. We do not request a deposit.
Please see our Terms and Conditions at the bottom of our Website.
We will always give the advice to get proper Training. We have on our Training page an option for flight training for one day with one of our Instructors. After this day you will have a better understanding of how a Drone works, how to react in an emergency if the Drone doesn't respond in a normal manner. We will introduce you to the Fly app and explain all of its functions, we will cover basic flight modes and then as the day goes on we will introduce you to advance flight modes.
After the 31st of December 2020 all existing approval/certificate/authorisation/declarations issued by national Civil Aviation authority will still be valid until 1st January 2022. After 1st January 2022 all approvals, certificates, authorisation and declarations must be converted to the EU regulation. New applications for authorisations/certificate submitted after 1st January 2022 needs to follow the new EU regulation.

Regulatory reference: Article 20 of EU regulation 2019/947.
Any certificates of remote pilots competency issued by the IAA remain valid until 1st of January 2022, after which the IAA will have to convert your national certificate(s) to one according to this regulation. This is done through the DUTO's (Designated Unmanned Aircraft systems Training Organisation) formally the RTF. You having to undergo a new training after that date will depend on the conversion process the IAA decides to put in place. As of the 31st of December 2020 if you do not have a national certificate for your remote pilot competency, you will have to undergo the required competency training as required for the “Open” category.

Regulatory reference: Article 21 and Annex part A (UAS.OPEN.020) and (UAS.OPEN.040) of EU regulation 2019/947.