- Create accurate 2D maps and 3D models from images
- Measure distances, areas, and volumes
- Add annotations
- Generate elevation profiles
- Perform virtual inspections
- Share with team and stakeholders
All PIX4Dcloud features, plus:
- Track and document site progress with visual Timeline
- Increase accuracy with AutoGCPs
- Compare volumes over time
- Overlay design plans and maps
- Compare two image maps to see what has changed
Full Features of both products.
Pix4D Cloud and Pix4D Cloud Advance are a web base software. You can either upload for Cloud Processing or upload Processed Datasets that you have process on your Desktop Licence .
Pix4D Cloud Advance can accommodate Ground Control Points. However these Ground Control Points have to be of a certain type. See images of Example GCP’s.
If the average GSD of the projects is 2.5 cm (1 inch), the recommended target size is 50 cm (20 inch).
Black and white targets are supported. Other colors may work in some circumstances.
How secure is PIX4D Cloud Services?
Regarding Pix4Dcloud data security 1, this is what we currently offer:
- end to end encryption (HTTPS) during transport.
- Encryption at rest in S3 (using AWS service, meaning AWS has the key).
- optional “confidential” on the account which means that Pix4D employees get no access to the data (except for a few admins). This is an option that you can ask me to enable for your projects.
- GDPR compliant processes (see this post 1).
Pix4Dcloud sharing links can be activated or deactivated but cannot be protected by a password at the moment.
You can also define your data privacy preferences from the Privacy section of your Pix4D account.
- When you agree to share personalized analytics and diagnostics to help Pix4D improve your experience Pix4D may analyze your use of our products in order to improve the most used features and invest in developing new features. Pix4D may also reach out to you for early feedback regarding your experience.
- When you agree to allow Pix4D algorithms to learn and improve from your project details Pix4D may improve its algorithms by using your project data as training data for machine learning. These algorithmic improvements speed up the performance and increases the quality of the results our products produce.
What are the differences between PIX4Dmapper and PIX4Dcloud?
PIX4Dmapper enables you to have full control of your project: adding Ground Control Points (GCPs) and Manual Tie Points (MTPs), editing the densified point cloud, and changing many more settings which can improve the final results.
PIX4Dcloud also allows to achieve high-quality results but lets the user choose among a predefined set of processing templates. PIX4Dcloud is the easiest way to share a project online with just a link and to do some simple but practical analysis.
What are the differences between PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced?
How many images can I process / How many projects can I create?
The number of images that can be processed and projects that can be created (allowance) using PIX4Dcloud or PIX4Dcloud Advanced depends on the subscription terms, duration, and the selected allowance:
- PIX4Dcloud Advanced trial users can process up to 1,000 images or create up to 3 new projects during the 15-day trial period.
- PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced Monthly billing subscribers with the default (Small ) allowance can process up to 2,500 images per month or create up to 20 new projects per month.
- PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced Yearly billing subscribers with the default (Small ) allowance can process up to 30,000 images per year or create up to 240 new projects per year (up to 4,000 images per single project).
PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced subscribers have access to three standard allowance options:
- Small: 2,500 images per month or 20 projects per month.
- Medium: 5,000 images per month or 40 projects per month (up to 4,000 images per single project).
- Large: 10,000 images per month and unlimited number of projects (up to 4,000 images per single project).
Should you need more, simply contact us and discover all your options.
Which internet browsers and operating systems are supported by PIX4Dcloud?
The following browsers are officially supported for PIX4Dcloud on Windows 10+ and MacOS:
- Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
- Safari (latest version)
Note: To display very big results, the 64-bit version of the browser might be required.
What are the hardware and software requirements for PIX4Dcloud?
As a cloud product, there are no specific requirements in terms of RAM, CPU, GPU for processing and disk space for storing the data. However, ensure that:
- Your GPU driver is updated.
- Your browser is updated.
- You have a good internet connection.
- Your Upload Speed will be a factor when uploading large data to PIX4D Cloud/Advance.
What is the highest number of images that can be processed with PIX4Dcloud?
In the first place, a project cannot consist of a number of images that is higher than the allowed one, that depends on the purchased license / active subscription.
PIX4Dcloud can process datasets with up to 4000 images for an optimal experience with our servers. The success of a project with a certain number of images also depends on the characteristics of the project, the processing options and the required outputs.
The variety and combinations of the parameters mentioned above can be many. This article is intended to provide some benchmarks and to show the results of some tests performed with significant camera resolutions, common project characteristics and default processing options.
|Camera used for testing
||Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1RM2
|Maximum number of images processed successfully
||2.22 cm / 0.87 in
||0.9 cm / 0.35 in
||75% – 75%
||70% – 40%
|Type of flight
||Nadir, single grid
||Nadir, single grid
|Type of project
||Industrial zone and agriculture area
||Excavation and agriculture area
||3D maps, Quality¹
||3D maps, Quality¹
|Time to generate results
||1 day 4 hours
¹The 3D maps, Quality template includes the generation of the Point Cloud (.las), 3D Textured Mesh (.obj), Orthomosaic (GeoTIFF), and DSM (GeoTIFF).
Can a processing area be used on PIX4Dcloud?
A processing area can be used for processing on PIX4Dcloud if combined with PIX4Dmapper. The processing area should be drawn using PIX4Dmapper beforehand:
1. After installing PIX4Dmapper , create a new project from the images. Alternatively, if the project was previously processed on PIX4Dcloud, it is possible to download the project directly to your Desktop and then imported into PIX4D Mapper.
2. Create a processing area. Process the data, then
3. Upload the project with the processing area from PIX4Dmapper to PIX4Dcloud.
Where are my datasets processed and stored?
A cluster of servers is assigned to each account for processing and storage. This cluster can be changed in the Account Settings.
What happens to the PIX4Dcloud projects when a license expires?
Projects are kept on Pix4D servers according to the PIX4Dcloud storage expiration policy.
fter one of the following licenses expires, all projects that were created on PIX4Dcloud with the associated Pix4D account are deleted based on the PIX4Dcloud storage expiration policy. This means the datasets are not accessible anymore.
- A PIX4Dcloud Advanced trial
- A PIX4Dcloud/PIX4Dcloud Advanced rental license/subscription
- A PIX4Dengine Cloud trial
- A PIX4Dengine Cloud rental license
- A PIX4Dmapper rental license purchased before October 1st, 2020
- A perpetual PIX4Dmapper license with Support & Updates renewed before October 1st, 2020.
If none of the above licenses is valid (a perpetual PIX4Dmapper license requires valid Support & Updates), projects are deleted:
- For trials, 30 days after the end of the license validity.
- For all monthly, yearly, and perpetual licenses and subscriptions, 6 months after the end of the license/subscription validity.
Notification emails are sent to inform users:
- 30 days, 7 days, and 1 day before proceeding with the deletion, for all expired monthly, yearly, and perpetual licenses and subscriptions
- 7 days, and 1 day before proceeding with the deletion, for expired trials.
Example: A user creates a project with a PIX4Dcloud Advanced trial and, 20 days after the trial expiration date, the user buys a monthly PIX4Dcloud license: the project will not be removed. However, if the user buys the monthly license after 31 days the trial expired, the project will be deleted and will not be accessible anymore