This Course is compulsory if you want to become a holder of a Operational Authorisation under the Specific Category. You will have to either submit a PDRA or a SORA in order to conduct high risk operations. Specific Drone Operations are considered to be High Risk, where as the Open Category Operations are deemed as Low Risk operations.
UAS Specific Category Theoretical School (2 Day Course).
This is a 12 hour course. This course covers all subjects that the IAA have deemed necessary for Drone Operations on Fixed-Wing. Multi-Rotor UAVs and Vertical Take-off And Landing (VTOL). There is a written exam at the end of the Course. This Written Exam is 40 questions of multiple choice. You must receive 75% of the overall marks to successfully pass the course.
- Specific Category
- U.F 101 Application to request Permission to Fly a UAS inside a Controlled Traffic Area.
- Technical and operational mitigation’s for ground risk.
- UAS Flight Performance.
- SORA (Specific Operating Risk Assessment) Part One.
- SORA (Specific Operating Risk Assessment) Part Two.
- Technical and operational mitigation for air risks.
- Human Factors.
- Data Protection – Introduction.
- Written Exam.
There is no Course Prerequisites for this course. It is for beginners from any commercial field. It is also designed in such a manner that Hobbyists can make the move from doing what they love as a hobby, to becoming a professional commercial drone pilot.